In pursuit of its mission, The ELMA Foundation makes investments in programs and organizations that support the education and development of African children.
In particular, ELMA’s education investments seek the following returns:
African children have access to quality early childhood care and development, and are prepared to learn and participate in primary education to maximize their long-term potential.
- African teachers are trained, supported, and retained to provide high quality teaching
- African schools are well-managed to provide quality education for their learners
- African children successfully transition from one grade to the next on time with appropriate academic knowledge and life skills
To ensure long-term sustainability, ELMA’s investments aim to:
- Align with government priorities while catalyzing the operationalization of relevant policies and service delivery
- Increase coverage, equity, and quality of educational services
- Support Africa-based organizations